A Dental Crown Procedure to Make Your Teeth Look and Feel Better and Stronger
If you have extensive tooth damage and reside in Fallbrook, California, a standard filling may not work. When your tooth needs more extensive repair or support, Dr. James Moran may recommend a dental crown. Porcelain dental crowns made of a material matching your natural teeth can improve the appearance and health of your teeth for a more beautiful and functional smile.
What to Expect from a Dental Crown Procedure
You need at least two dental appointments to get a dental crown from James M. Moran, DDS. The first appointment involves examinations and preparation, but the actual procedure is done during the second appointment. When your dentist recommends a dental crown, here is what you can expect:
- Examination: We thoroughly examine your tooth root and the bone structure by looking at the x-ray images.
- Anesthetics: We numb your mouth to reduce discomfort during the crown treatment procedure.
- Tooth preparation: The dentist shapes your tooth to make room for the dental cap. We cleanse the damaged tooth, and if your tooth has extensive damage, we fill up the tooth to support a crown.
- Bite impressions: We take your bite impressions and send the images to a dental lab to design your crown. In the meantime, you will wear a temporary crown to protect your prepped tooth.
- Installation: After about 2-3 weeks, your new crown will be ready, and you need to see Dr. Moran for fitment. Where necessary, we adjust your crown and use dental cement to bond it permanently on your tooth.
Dental crowns strengthen and restore the full function of your damaged tooth. Plus, our porcelain crowns are designed to match your natural teeth, so there are no chances of “fake-looking” appliances. Once Dr. Moran installs a dental crown, it’s difficult to tell it apart from the rest of your teeth!
Restore your Teeth Today!
Reviving your smile with natural-looking dental crowns is possible. When done correctly, dental crowns strengthen your teeth and produce a realistic appearance to blend with the rest of your teeth. If you think porcelain crowns are suitable for you, please dial (760) 284-8477 to book an appointment with the team at James M. Moran, DDS.
Share this Article
Back to Porcelain Crowns Caps Page